Monday, October 1, 2012

My first day blogging!

I am so excited.  This is my very first blog.  My daughter "just" set me up with a blog.

So, I think it's best to give you a little background about me!  My name is Janice.

I am 61-years-old.  I live in a little log cabin in the mountains of California!  I guess you can say, I live in heaven.  The stars are so big and bright up here at night that sometimes I feel as though I can just raise my arm up and touch them!  My husband and I bought this house 32 years ago.  A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this fixer upper.  Besides all that, our three children grew up here.  We have a son who will soon be 39 years old!  Wow!  That flew by fast!!!!  A daughter who is going to be 30 this year.  She is mom to our two wonderful grandsons who are 5 years old and 2 years old.  And our youngest daughter is 28 years old.  We've had a pretty exciting, adventurous life...and pretty much have it made as our children have been so easy for us to raise. I have thoroughly enjoyed being their mother. They have been so much fun for me.  All three have goals and are constantly self-motivated.  I have to say, THEY have rubbed off on ME!  And I am very thankful for that.  This blog is part of the rubbing-off!   I am just so excited about this.

I am big on couponing!  I have couponed for over 30 years!  I am well-known for my couponing.  It is a passion of mine and I never miss an opportunity to show someone how to set up their couponing system or give others coupons.

For most of my life I worked in the medical field and my husband, a truck driver.  He retired and we both work for one of the top sales and marketing companies in the nation.  We enjoy going to work each day.  We are merchandisers so we get to be creative with our work.  And, we meet interesting people every day.  And it's those interesting people who have stories they have shared with me as we walk along the way to a product they are looking for, that I'd like to share with you.   I'd also like to share stories of individuals I have met outside my work.  I am one to easily strike up a conversation with a stranger and am happily surprised at the treasure full of information I learn from the people I meet along the way!

At the end of the evening, I write in my journal what I learned today...from the people I meet or the experience I had, what I passed on to others, and what brought me joy.  I read in a book by Tony Robbins that it's a good thing to do.  And when we look back at the end of a year, wow (!) all the things we've learned.

So, for now... today, this evening, as I sit outside on my deck, a breeze passing warmly through my hair, I think of what I learned today?  And, here it is!  I learned to blog!!!! Finally!

What did I pass onto others?...Letting you get to know me and what I'll be doing on this site.

What brought me joy? ..I am joyful about my future with these blogs.  I have so much to tell you.  So much to make you laugh.  So much to share.  Gosh this is exciting.

So, until tomorrow night, remember "you are the writer, the producer, the creator and the editor" of your life's journey.  And you can change it any time you wish.....and that's what I just did today!!!

Goodnite!
Janice





1 comment:

  1. How great to see you blogging, Mom - finally! I love that you've decided to write and share. I'm looking forward to your future posts!

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete